The Knowledge Production Department (KPD) undertakes research, produces the ACCORD publications, manages the organisation’s resource centre and carries out skills- and knowledge-based capacity building activities for staff.
Through cooperation with a range of stakeholders across policy, practice and research, KPD aims to:
- Produce experientially-based, academically rigorous knowledge that is relevant to conflict management practitioners, governments, civil society and organisations.
- Contribute to, and support the work of researchers and practitioners - specifically in post-conflict settings.
- Involve policymakers in international, regional and national institutions in peacebuilding at a practical level.
- Inform theoretical and conceptual perspectives in collaboration with our academic partners in Africa and beyond.
- Strengthen ACCORD’s capacity building and training programmes for African peacemakers and peacekeepers.
- Introduce ideas and insights relating to a range of issues in the peace and conflict, and conflict resolution fields.
- Provide a learning platform for the exchange of knowledge, practical and academic research in order to build research capacity, enhance interventions and contribute to policy development.