The 13th Annual Conference and Annual General Meeting of the International Association of Peacekeeping Training Centers (IAPTC) will be held from 24-28 September in Stockholm, Sweden. The IAPTC is a unique forum for exchanging information and experience on peace operations education and training.
ACCORD Senior Researcher Karanja Mbugua attended the Implementing the UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy in Southern Africa forum from 17-18 September at Kopanong Hotel at Benoni, Johannesburg.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, traveled to Burundi from 9-12 September 2007, where he visited ACCORD’s Burundi Country Office as well as had meetings with a variety of stakeholders related to ACCORD’s ongoing work in that country.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, visited Sweden, Finland and Norway between 30 August and 9 September. In all three countries Mr Gounden had a series of meetings with senior Ministry of Foreign Affairs officials, as well as various civil society organizations and research institutes.
On 31 August 207 ACCORD hosted its second Trustees’ EXCOM Meeting at ACCORD House for 2007. ACCORD hosts two EXCOM meetings a year.
On 24 August 2007 two representatives from the Nordic Africa Institute (NAI) and Uppsala University, based in Sweden, visited ACCORD House to discuss possible future collaboration between the institutions. They were attending the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) Conference, which was held in Durban at the time.
ACCORD's Training for Peace (TfP) Senior Programme Officer, Yvonne Kasumba, will be participating in a two day seminar entitled, “UN Multidimensional and Integrated Peace Operations – Trends and Challenges, Experiences from West Africa”.
On Wednesday, 12 September 2007, David Adjaye, founder of London–based Adjaye Associates, visited ACCORD House where he met with the Deputy Director of ACCORD, Jerome Sachane, the General Manager: Corporate Affairs, Hayden Allen, and the General Manager: Operations and Business Development, Pravina Makan-Lakha.
The Founder and Executive Director, Vasu Gounden, was recently invited by the Embassy of Sweden in Pretoria to meet with the Swedish Co-chair of the Swedish-South Africa SSR Seminar, Ambassador Anders Oljelund, who is is currently the Swedish Ambassador for international cooperation against trafficking in human beings
On Saturday, 25 August 2007, the recipient of the 2007 Mahatma Gandhi International Award for Reconciliation and Peace, Ms Immaculée Ilibagiza, visited ACCORD House. Immaculée is the author of a book entitled ‘Left to Tell: Discovering God amidst the Rwandan Holocaust’.
ACCORD undertook a field research mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) from 8-24 August 2007. Mr. Gustavo de Carvalho, Research Coordinator with ACCORD’s Peace and Security Unit, conducted several meetings with key stakeholders in the peacebuilding context, in order to assess the different coordination processes that are currently being implemented in that country in terms of peacebuilding efforts.
- ACCORD Staff Team-Build
- ACCORD Hosts Seminar on conflict in Western Sahara
- ACCORD Conducts Field Research in Sudan
- Dialogue and Conflict Management Training for Civil Society in Angola
- ACCORD Hosts Sri Lanka-based INPACT
- Gounden Participates in Foreign Affairs round table
- ACCORD attends IFLA international seminar
- Conflict Management for Peacekeepers Course for the United Nations Mission in Liberia
- Peace-building coordination field research visit to Liberia
- CNTB Commissioners trained in mediation and land law by ACCORD Burundi
- ACCORD invited to roundtable on AFRICOM
- CPIA Director visits ACCORD
- Spanish NGO 'Aprodel' visits ACCORD
- ACCORD to train the Commission Nationale Terre Et Autres Biens in Burundi
- Former Dutch minister and SRSG for Sudan visits ACCORD
- ACCORD give training support to SADC Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre
- ACCORD hosts SA ambassador to Indonesia
- ACCORD participates in regional information seminar on EPA Trade Negotiations
- Gounden acts as resource to 8WAMM
- Dialogue and training for civil society in Angola