The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the Folke Bernadotte Academy to be a resource person at their “Capacity Building in Dialogue and Mediation through Experience Sharing” workshop that took place in Debre Zeit, Ethiopia, from 3-8 October 2008. The training was held for senior AU and UN Staff.
From 24-26 September 2008 the African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme at ACCORD conducted a training session in Kinshasa, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), aimed at developing and building on peacebuilding skills in the DRC.
On the 17th of September 2008 the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the Consul General of India based in Durban, Mr. Shringla, to attend a dinner reception in honour of the Minister of State for External Affairs of India, His Excellency Mr. Anand Sharma.
Burundi recently made the front page of a UK newspaper site: (guardian.co.uk), but of particular interest to ACCORD is that part of this article is a slideshow with a voice clip that discusses the issues of Burundian refugees/returnees.
During this slideshow they mention ACCORD's work with the returnees (on the management of land conflict) and included in the slideshow is 2 photos taken of the ACCORD Rumonge office. The first one is of our Coordinator of the office, Joseph. And the second photo is of some of the Rumonge office staff and beneficiaries inside our office.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the State Banquet hosted by the South African President His Excellency Thabo Mbeki, in honour of His Excellency Mr. Hugo Chávez, President of the Bolivian Republic of Venezuela.
On 09 September 2008 ACCORD hosted the second EXCOM of the Board meeting for 2008 at ACCORD House.
On the 23rd of September 2008 the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the launch of the South Africa Government Scenarios 2025, which was held in Pretoria.
From 15-17 September 2008 the African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme at ACCORD hosted a workshop in Durban, South Africa, aimed at reviewing the work of the Programme since June 2007 and commencing with the revision of training material which the Programme will use in its future training activities.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, along with Karishma Rajoo, the Manager of ACCORD’s Operations Division, were invited to conduct a negotiations skills conflict management training from 1-3 September, as part of the training curriculum for South Africa’s foreign service cadets.
On 03 July 2008 ACCORD hosted its first Board of Trustees Meeting for 2008. The second Board meeting will be held in December 2008.
On Tuesday, 08 July 2008 Adie du Plessis, the General Manager: Specialized Finance Solutions at Absa Corporate and Business Bank, along with Philip de Kock, the Absa Regional Manager for Commercial Property Finance and Graig Merritt (Manager: Relationship Executive, ABSA) visited ACCORD House to discuss funding for ACCORD’s Africa Peace Centre (APC).
- ACCORD train SA foreign service
- ACCORD Trustee honoured by Premier of the Free State
- ICCO-Kerkinactie Regional Consultation Meeting for Southern Africa
- “Challenges Facing an African Diplomat: Now and in the Future” Conference
- ACCORD attends Elite and Public Values Survey Briefing
- ACCORD participates in evaluation of impact of South African Foreign Policy
- ACCORD Hosts Peacebuilding Workshop in DRC
- ACCORD hosts peacebuilding workshop in Kampala
- ACCORD Presents at the Global UN-Counter Terrorism Strategy Workshop in NYC
- Field research with Coexistence Initiative
- ACCORD Hosts Peacebuilding Workshop in Liberia
- 6th Oslo Forum, Norway
- “Ontwikkeling is Verandering”: Dialogue about the Future Conference
- IAB Meeting for TfP in Norway
- Vasu Gounden attend 18th WEF Africa Summit
- Gounden meets with Swedish Director General for International Development Cooperation
- ACCORD Provides Resource Persons to Uppsala University’s TOPS Course
- Vasu Gounden one of three Civil Society Representatives to address TICAD IV
- ACCORD Trustee appointed President of the International Organisation of Employers
- Professor Klaus Schwab