On 21 October 2008 H. E. Ambassador J. Anthony Holmes visited ACCORD House. Ambassador Holmes is the Cyrus Vance Fellow in Diplomatic Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations in the United States (US), where he focuses on Africa and directs the Roundtable Series on African Policy Issues.
On the 16th and 17th of October 2008 ACCORD hosted the new Swedish Ambassador to South Africa, H.E. Ambassador Tejler and Mr. Kaj Persson (Minister and Deputy Head of Mission at the Swedish Embassy in Pretoria) in Durban. The Ambassador was in Durban to meet with various role players to learn more about the Province of KwaZulu Natal.
On the 12th of October 2008 the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend a small closed dinner hosted by the new Swedish Ambassador to South Africa H.E. Ambassador Peter Tejler for the new Director General of Sida, Mr. Anders Nordstrom.
ACCORD’s Intervention Department organised a study tour and conflict management training for 22 members of the Specialised Committee for Peace and Reconciliation of the Southern Sudan Legislative Assembly. The Specialised Committee for Peace and Reconciliation is mainly responsible for planning, policymaking and formation of legislation to facilitate consolidation of peace and reconciliation in Southern Sudan. The Committee is also tasked with the responsibility to monitor and ensure the proper implementation of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA).
From 24-26 September 2008 the African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme at ACCORD conducted a training session in Kinshasa, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), aimed at developing and building on peacebuilding skills in the DRC.
On the 17th of September 2008 the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the Consul General of India based in Durban, Mr. Shringla, to attend a dinner reception in honour of the Minister of State for External Affairs of India, His Excellency Mr. Anand Sharma.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, conducted a conflict management training for senior members from the Somali Joint Security Committee within the framework of the implementation of the Djibouti agreement. The training was held in Cape Town, South Africa, from 09-11 October 2008.
The Director-General of the Technical Unit for the Coordination of Humanitarian Assistance in Angola (Unidade Técnica de Coordenação da Ajuda Humanitária-UTCAH), Pedro Walipi Calenga, considered, yesterday, that the conjunction of efforts between the government and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) is crucial for development in Angola.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the Folke Bernadotte Academy to be a resource person at their “Capacity Building in Dialogue and Mediation through Experience Sharing” workshop that took place in Debre Zeit, Ethiopia, from 3-8 October 2008. The training was held for senior AU and UN Staff.
On the 23rd of September 2008 the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the launch of the South Africa Government Scenarios 2025, which was held in Pretoria.
From 15-17 September 2008 the African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme at ACCORD hosted a workshop in Durban, South Africa, aimed at reviewing the work of the Programme since June 2007 and commencing with the revision of training material which the Programme will use in its future training activities.
- Burundi work featured in Guardian newspaper
- ACCORD train SA foreign service cadets
- Gounden attends state banquet for Venezuelan president
- ACCORD'S Board of Trustees meet
- EXCOM Board Meet at ACCORD
- Senior ABSA Executives visit ACCORD
- ACCORD train SA foreign service
- ACCORD Trustee honoured by Premier of the Free State
- ICCO-Kerkinactie Regional Consultation Meeting for Southern Africa
- “Challenges Facing an African Diplomat: Now and in the Future” Conference
- ACCORD attends Elite and Public Values Survey Briefing
- ACCORD participates in evaluation of impact of South African Foreign Policy
- ACCORD Hosts Peacebuilding Workshop in DRC
- ACCORD hosts peacebuilding workshop in Kampala
- ACCORD Presents at the Global UN-Counter Terrorism Strategy Workshop in NYC
- Field research with Coexistence Initiative
- ACCORD Hosts Peacebuilding Workshop in Liberia
- 6th Oslo Forum, Norway
- “Ontwikkeling is Verandering”: Dialogue about the Future Conference
- IAB Meeting for TfP in Norway