From 25 – 26 June 2008 the African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme at ACCORD hosted a Peacebuilding Consultative Workshop in Monrovia, Liberia, for stakeholders to the peacebuilding process in Liberia.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the 6th Oslo Forum, which was co-hosted by the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue. It was held from the 24th to the 26th of June 2008 in Oslo, Norway.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, recently attended the the International Advisory Board (IAB) meeting for the Training for Peace in Southern Africa (TfP) Programme, which was held from the 8-10 June in Northern Norway.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to meet with Mr. Jan Knutsson during his visit to South Africa on the 2nd and 3rd of June 2008.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the fourth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD IV) which was co-hosted by the Government of Japan, The United Nations (UN/OSSA and UNDP) and the World Bank.
ACCORD is doing a great work and I fully applaud the [APC] initiative." - Professor Klaus Schwab, President of the World Economic Forum
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to be a resource person at a two day conference hosted by the Royal Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) on the 24th and 25th of June 2008.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, attended the World Economic Forum (WEF) Africa Summit, which was held in Cape Town from 4-6 June 2008. WEF brings together the key individuals from all levels of society and offers important discussion, information sharing and networking opportunities.
As part of the partnership arrangement between ACCORD and the Department of Peace and Conflict Research at Uppsala University in Sweden, ACCORD participated in the Top Level Seminar on Peace and Security – TOPS, entitled “Challenges to Durable Peace after War in Africa”.
At its General Council Meeting on Tuesday 28 May 2008, Professor Wiseman Nkuhlu from South Africa was unanimously elected President of the IOE for a two year term.
The Peacekeeping Best Practices Section of the United Nations (UN) Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) and the Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI) will be hosting a seminar on the DPKO Capstone Doctrine from 14-15 May in Oslo, Norway.
- ACCORD at UN Civilian Staff Officer Course
- Peacebuilding Programme conducts Burundi consultations
- ACCORD Conducts International Trade Negotiation Training
- ACCORD trustees honoured by State President
- ACCORD hosts Sri Lankan High Commissioner
- ACCORD trustee Graça Machel awarded honorary doctorate
- Dr. Ziad Abu-Amr visits ACCORD
- Canadian Evaluation Manager visits ACCORD
- Ogunsanya presents paper on mitigating election-related conflict to SADC parliamentarians
- JICA visit ACCORD to discuss Peace Centre
- 4th Annual Mahatma Gandhi Salt March held in Durban
- ACCORD hosts first EXCOM meeting of 2008
- G8++ Africa Clearing House Conference
- ACCORD Staff and Trustees Meet Mandela
- Gounden Invited to Indian Women in Conflict Management Symposium
- Gounden Presents ACCORD at Norwegian Embassy
- Gounden Meets Finish Director General for Africa
- ACCORD holds consultations on peacebuilding process in Liberia
- Conflict Management Training for Civil Society Women Leaders in Burundi
- ACCORD to train SANDF for UN and AU deployment