TfP/ACCORD participated in the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) Standby Force (SSF) Field Training Exercise (FTX) After Action Review (AAR) Workshop hosted by the SADC Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre (RPTC) from 11-14 October 2009 at the centre in Harare, Zimbabwe. The AAR aimed to take stock of the whole exercise to identify challenges experienced and lessons learned to inform the ongoing development of the SSF.
TfP/ACCORD Participated in the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) Standby Force (SSF) Field Training Exercise (FTX) code-named Exercise Goldfinho which was hosted by South Africa from 1-26 September 2009 at the South Africa National Defence Force (SANDF) Combat Training Centre (CTC) in Lohatla, Northern Province.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme in collaboration with the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre (RPTC) conducted a Civil Military Coordination Course (CIMIC) and Conflict Management for Peacekeepers and Peacebuilders Course (CM4PK) for the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) Standby Force (SSF) in collaboration with the SADC Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre from 27 – 31 July 2009 in Harare, Zimbabwe.
A significant outcome of the policy development work of TfP/ACCORD was the adoption of the recommendations in a report of the African Union (AU) African Standby Force (ASF) Civilian Dimension Staffing, Training Rostering and Recruitment (STR) Workshop in the May 2009 meetings of the African Ministers of Defence and Security (AMDS) and the African Chiefs of Defence and Security (ACDS).
TfP/ACCORD hosted Mr Jaume Guardans from the EuropeAid Cooperation Office in Durban, South Africa on 12 June 2009. Mr Guardans has been working on the African Union (AU) – European Union (EU) capacity-building project, and specifically, as part of a team that is assisting the AU in conducting a civilian training needs analysis project for the ASF.
TfP/ACCORD participated in and chaired an APSTA Technical Committee Meeting (TCM) held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (hosted by the APSTA Secretariat at the Institute for Security Studies (ISS) on 17 May 2009.
TFP/ACCORD participated in the African Union (AU) African Standby Force (ASF) Map Exercise (MAPEX) that was conducted in Addis Abba, Ethiopia from 31 August - 4 September 2009. This is the first major practical exercise of the AMANI AFRICA Cycle. The exercise was comprised of a series of studies, discussions and exercises to practice all aspects of the deployment of an integrated AU mission.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at ACCORD participated in the African Standby Force (ASF) Evaluation Concept Workshop that was held from 21 - 23 July 2009 in Tripoli, Libya. The workshop was organised by the African Union Peace Support Operations Division (AU PSOD) in collaboration with the North African Regional Capability (NARC) in pursuant of the ASF Roadmap II which calls for an assessment of the operational readiness of the ASF and its Regional Standby Forces (RSFs) and to ensure that adequate capabilities are developed through Exercise Amani Africa which will conclude the validation process of the ASF in 2010.
The African Union Peace Support Operations Division (AU - PSOD) in collaboration with ACCORD conducted an African Standby Force (ASF) Civilian Dimension Technical Rostering Workshop from 1 - 3 July 2009 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Training for Peace (TFP) Programme at ACCORD conducted a Conflict Management for Peacekeepers and Peacebuilders Course for the African Union - United Nations Hybrid Operations in Darfur (UNAMID) from 3-5 June 2009 in Kampala, Uganda. The course was attended by twenty-four (24) participants predominantly from the Civil Affairs Section of UNAMID.
TfP/ACCORD undertook a series of consultative meetings at the UN DPKO Headquarters from 4-6 May 2009. Meetings were held with the DPKO-AU PST, the Integrated Training Service (ITS), the Department of Political Affairs (DPA), the Department of Field Services (DFS), the Peacekeeping Best Practices Unit, and the Norwegian Permanent Mission to the UN.
- ACCORD hosts Civil Military Relations Guidance Development Workshop in Uganda
- TFP/ACCORD participates in Africa CIMIC Directive Review Workshop
- ACCORD conducts CPPC course for civilian component of SADC Standby Force
- ACCORD hosts 1st AGM of Association of Security Sector Education & Training
- TFP/ACCORD participates in Exercise AMANI Africa Planning Meeting
- TFP/ACCORD participates AU–EU Training Needs & Capabilities Workshop
- TFP/ACCORD participates in Mediation in Africa Seminar
- ACCORD conducts CPPC course for ONUCI
- Swedish Defense Research Agency visit ACCORD
- ACCORD conducts training for the African Union Mission for Somalia (AMISOM)
- ACCORD Conducts Training for the African Union Mission for Somalia (AMISOM)
- Norway and ACCORD sign new TfP agreement
- NUPI director Jan Egeland visits ACCORD
- IAB Meeting for TfP in Norway
- Oslo Capstone Doctrine Seminar
- ACCORD at UN Civilian Staff Officer Course
- G8++ Africa Clearing House Conference
- ACCORD to train SANDF for UN and AU deployment
- ACCORD to participate in dialogue on civilian protection in Africa
- ACCORD to host planning for African Standby Force