TfP/ACCORD participated in an African Union (AU) – European Union (EU) Training Needs and Capabilities Workshop held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on 5 and 6 March 2009. The purpose of the workshop was to deliberate on the preliminary findings of an AU – EU joint expert study undertaken to identify African training capabilities and needs.
TfP /ACCORD participated in a seminar entitled Mediating Peace in Africa: Securing Conflict Prevention hosted by the African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme (APCP) at ACCORD and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on 4 March 2009.
On 24 February 2009 ACCORD hosted a small group from the Swedish Defense Research Agency, who met with ACCORD to discuss mutual areas of research and collaboration on Africa’s Peace and Security Architecture.
The Training for Peace (TFP) Programme at ACCORD conducted a Mission Preparedness Civilian Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding Course (CPPC) and an Admin and Finance Specialisation Course for the African Union Mission for Somalia (AMISOM) from 9 - 13 February 2009 and 16 - 18 February 2009, respectively, in Nairobi, Kenya.
On 3 November 2008 the Director of the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI), a partner on ACCORD’s Training for Peace (TfP) Programme, visited ACCORD House. This was Mr. Egeland’s first visit to ACCORD. Mr. Egeland was in Durban to attend the International Advisory Board Meeting for the TfP programme.
The Peacekeeping Best Practices Section of the United Nations (UN) Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) and the Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI) will be hosting a seminar on the DPKO Capstone Doctrine from 14-15 May in Oslo, Norway.
The Training for Peace (TFP) Programme at ACCORD conducted its first specialised in mission Conflict Management for Peacekeepers and Peacebuilders for 2009 for the United Nations Operations for Cote d’Ivoire (UNOCI) from 25-27 February 2009 in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
The Training for Peace (TFP) Programme at ACCORD conducted a Mission Preparedness Civilian Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding Course (CPPC) and an Admin and Finance Specialisation Course for the African Union Mission for Somalia (AMISOM) from 9-13 February 2009 and 16-18 February 2009, respectively, in Nairobi, Kenya.
On 11 November 2008 May-Elin Stene, Minister Councilor at the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Pretoria, visited ACCORD House where she and the Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, signed a new grant agreement for the Training for Peace (TfP) programme. The TfP programme has been running at ACCORD since 1995.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, recently attended the the International Advisory Board (IAB) meeting for the Training for Peace in Southern Africa (TfP) Programme, which was held from the 8-10 June in Northern Norway.
The Senior Programme Officer for the Training for Peace (TfP) Programme, Ms. Yvonne Kasumba, is presently participating in a United Nations (UN) Civilian Staff Officer Course (UNCIVSOC) hosted by the Swedish Armed Forces International Centre (SWEDINT) in Kungsängen, Sweden.
- G8++ Africa Clearing House Conference
- ACCORD to train SANDF for UN and AU deployment
- ACCORD to participate in dialogue on civilian protection in Africa
- ACCORD to host planning for African Standby Force
- ACCORD to assist with exercise scenarios for African Standby Force
- Unintended Consequences of Peacekeeping
- SADC Workshop on Peace Operations
- ACCORD conducts Civilian Peacekeeping and Peace-building Course in Ghana
- ACCORD Meets Mith the South African National Office for the Coordination of Peace Missions
- African Union African Standby Force Training Implementation Workshop
- APSTA Training Implementation Workshop
- TfP Programme Annual General Meeting
- ‘Protection of Civilians in Peace Operations’ Curriculum Development Workshop
- 13th Annual Conference of the International Association of Peacekeeping Training Centers
- Seminar on Multidimensional and Integrated Peace Operations
- Peace-building coordination field research visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Conflict Management for Peacekeepers Course for the United Nations Mission in Liberia
- Peace-building coordination field research visit to Liberia
- ACCORD give training support to SADC Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre
- Unintended Consequences of Peacekeeping