Staff at ACCORD’s head office in Durban, South Africa, joined the world in observing a moment of silence at 12h00 on 07 April 2011 in honour of those who perished in the Rwandan genocide in 1994.
A delegation from the African Hebrew Israelite Community, also known as the African Village of Peace, the largest organized group of Africans living in Israel, led by their anointed Spiritual Leader, His Excellency Ben Ammi Ben Israel, visited ACCORD House on 07 April 2011.
Tor Sellström, a former Senior Advisor at ACCORD, has been awarded an honorary doctorate in Peace and Conflict Research by the University of Uppsala, Sweden.
ACCORD, in its 18 years of finding African solutions to African challenges has moved from experience to excellence in being one of the first Non-Government Organisations to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the government of Sierra Leone.
The Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) English website has highlighted the work of ACCORD in a feature article entitled, 'Peace Organization Emerges from the Shadow of Mandela'.
The Trustees and Staff of ACCORD wish you a peaceful new year!
ACCORD has been recognized as the 5th most influential Think Tank in Sub-Saharan Africa and amongst the top 75 worldwide in an influential annual survey.
ACCORD hosted Professors Ajay Dubey and Aparajita Biswas from India on Wednesday 15 July 2010, as part of ACCORD’s commemoration of 150 years of Indian settlers in KwaZulu Natal. The academics are in South Africa is to look into the contribution of the Indian Diaspora to the development of South Africa over the last 150 years.
Chairperson of the African Union Commission, Dr Jean Ping, officially opened a new wing of ACCORD offices on Friday 30 April 2010. Dr Ping was visiting Durban as the Keynote speaker at the Africa-Dialogue review of the UN Peace building Commission hosted by ACCORD. He later addressed the gala ceremony to honor Sierra Leone with the 2010 Africa Peace Award.
ACCORD's Knowledge Production Department together with staff from the Interventions Department, paid a visit to the Luthuli Museum in Groutville on 12 March. The visit was as part of ACCORD’s mandate to build Fellows’ networks and capacity under the organisation’s Junior Fellowship Programme.
Tor Sellström, Senior Advisor to ACCORD, was invited to speak at the celebrations for the International Day of Peace (21 September 2009) at the Luthuli Museum in Groutville, KwaZulu Natal.
- Visit by former South African Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Aziz Pahad
- Filmmaker Nandita Das visits ACCORD
- ACCORD hosts Aung San Suu Kyi delegation
- South African Ambassador to the UAE visits ACCORD
- ACCORD host new Swedish Ambassador to SA
- 4th Annual Mahatma Gandhi Salt March held in Durban
- Nordic Africa Institute Visit ACCORD
- ACCORD Staff Team-Build
- ACCORD Hosts Seminar on conflict in Western Sahara
- ACCORD Hosts Sri Lanka-based INPACT
- ACCORD attends IFLA international seminar
- CPIA Director visits ACCORD
- Spanish NGO 'Aprodel' visits ACCORD
- ACCORD associate appointed Director of Political Affairs for United Nations Secretary General
- Zimbabwe-based CPIA visit ACCORD
- Gounden helps direct commemorative Ghandi Salt March
- ACCORD participates in UPEACE Africa Programme consultative meeting
- ACCORD Participates in ‘The Role of Leading Edge NGOs in the Next Decade’ Workshop
- ACCORD Participates in ‘Mo Ibrahim Foundation’ Launch and Roundtable Discussion
- African Peace Support Trainers Association launches new website