On Monday, 18 June 2007, the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, welcomed the South African Ambassador to Indonesia, H.E. Ambassador Memela, to ACCORD House. During his visit His Excellency was briefed on ACCORD’s current activities as well as the Africa Peace Centre project.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was recently invited by the Dutch United Nations Student Association Utrecht (DUNSA-Utrecht), to be the Keynote speaker at their conference on international conflicts, entitled ‘A Struggle for Peace’. The conference was organized by DUNSA, in collaboration with the Netherlands United Nations Association (NVVN).
On Wednesday, 23 May 2007, the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Mr. Vasu Gounden, welcomed Mr. Steven Uhlfelder, the Chairman of the Fulbright Foreign Scholarships Board (FSB), to ACCORD House. Accompanying Mr. Uhlfelder was the United States Consul General in Durban, Mr. Eugene Young and Ms Lucy Hoffman, the Coordinator of Fulbright Programmes at the United States Embassy in Pretoria.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the United Nations’ ‘Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People’, to be a resource person at the United Nations’ ‘Public Forum in Support of Israeli-Palestinian Peace’, which was held at the University of Pretoria, in South Africa on 11 May.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the National Committee for International Cooperation and Sustainable Development (NCDO), who are based in Amsterdam, to be a resource person at the Dutch Africa Day, which was held on 14 April in The Hague.
On Sunday, 22 April, a delegation from the South Africa Police Services, lead by the Deputy National Commissioner of Police, Ms Mala Singh, along with representatives from the Swedish Police Services and a representative from the Swedish Embassy in Pretoria, visited ACCORD House where they met with the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Mr. Vasu Gounden.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the British High Commission to South Africa, The Rt Honourable Paul Boateng, to attended a reception to mark Her Majesty The Queen’s Birthday. The reception was held on 1 June in Pretoria and coincided with Prime Minister Tony Blair’s visit to South Africa.
On Friday,18 May 2007, the Project Director from Freedom House Southern Africa, Vukasin Petrovic, and Helen Barnes (their Senior Programme Officer) visited ACCORD House where they met with ACCORD staff headed by the Deputy Director of ACCORD, Jerome Sachane.
On Thursday, 26 April and Friday 27 April ACCORD hosted separate visits from parties from both sides to the conflict in Sri Lanka.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the ANC’s International Relations Subcommittee Sectoral Workshop, which was held in Tshwane on 20 and 21 April.
On 19 April, the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the Swedish Embassy in Pretoria to present at a one-day planning seminar on broader cooperation between South Africa and Sweden, in Gauteng. Since the end of the 1990’s South Africa and Sweden have been developing a broader cooperation based on mutual interests and shared responsibilities in a number of areas and sectors.
- ACCORD, DFA & Canadian High Commission host round table on international peace and security
- Canadian High Commissioner visits ACCORD
- US Ambassador visits ACCORD
- Gounden to assist South African Foreign Service Training Institute to examine diplomatic practice
- Gounden participates in SA Presidency future scenarios exercise
- Gounden to address Catholic Relief Services
- Gounden to speak at Sub Saharan African Policy & Defence Relations Seminar
- Gounden gives South perspective on Swedish Policy for Global Development
- Gounden to visit US
- Sunset on the Jordan Valley
- Gounden in Amman to speak at UN International Leadership Institute
- ACCORD wins Tombouctou Award
- Black intelligencia at the Natives Club
- Gounden attends Sri Lankan peace seminar
- Gounden visits Sweden, Iceland & Norway
- Iraqis in SA to look at justice and reconciliation
- Gounden speaks in Sri Lanka
- Progressive Governance Summit
- Gounden in Jordan and Oman
- ACCORD consultation visit to Somalia