The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to be a resource person at a workshop hosted by the Embassy of Finland in honour of a delegation of eleven individuals on a study tour of South Africa on 17 November in Pretoria. The Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs has launched a programme to familiarize top Finnish decision-makers with global development issues and the practices of development cooperation.
On 12 November 2008 the Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, provided a presentation on current global developments and their impact on Africa to a delegation of senior members from the Government of Burundi and senior officers from the College of Defence Management (CDM) from Secunderabad in India.
On the 12th of October 2008 the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend a small closed dinner hosted by the new Swedish Ambassador to South Africa H.E. Ambassador Peter Tejler for the new Director General of Sida, Mr. Anders Nordstrom.
On the 17th of September 2008 the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the Consul General of India based in Durban, Mr. Shringla, to attend a dinner reception in honour of the Minister of State for External Affairs of India, His Excellency Mr. Anand Sharma.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend a ICCO-Kerkinactie Regional Consultation Meeting for Southern Africa, which was hosted by ICCO-Kerkinactie from the 25th to the 27th of August 2008, in Madagascar. ICCO-Kerkinactie is a Dutch funding agency, working in 50 countries around the world, including Southern Africa.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend a Elite and Public Values Survey Briefing - “Tracking the Pulse of the Elite and Public in South Africa” hosted by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Foundation in association with the Democracy Development Programme (DDP) in Durban on the 22 August 2008.
On 21 October 2008 H. E. Ambassador J. Anthony Holmes visited ACCORD House. Ambassador Holmes is the Cyrus Vance Fellow in Diplomatic Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations in the United States (US), where he focuses on Africa and directs the Roundtable Series on African Policy Issues.
On the 23rd of September 2008 the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the launch of the South Africa Government Scenarios 2025, which was held in Pretoria.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the State Banquet hosted by the South African President His Excellency Thabo Mbeki, in honour of His Excellency Mr. Hugo Chávez, President of the Bolivian Republic of Venezuela.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to be a resource person at “Challenges Facing an African Diplomat: Now and in the Future” conference hosted by the South African Foreign Service Training Institute in Pretoria, held on the 15th and 16th of July 2008.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the Portfolio Committee on Foreign Affairs to be a resource person at a seminar on the evaluation of the impact and challenges of South African Foreign Policy in the last 14 years, including South Africa’s experience in the UN Security Council, which was held on the 26th and 27th of July 2008 in Durban.
- 6th Oslo Forum, Norway
- Vasu Gounden attend 18th WEF Africa Summit
- Gounden meets with Swedish Director General for International Development Cooperation
- Vasu Gounden one of three Civil Society Representatives to address TICAD IV
- ACCORD hosts Sri Lankan High Commissioner
- Dr. Ziad Abu-Amr visits ACCORD
- Canadian Evaluation Manager visits ACCORD
- ACCORD hosts first EXCOM meeting of 2008
- ACCORD Staff and Trustees Meet Mandela
- Gounden attends Brussels workshop on the EU’s role in conflict prevention
- Canadian High Commission visit ACCORD
- OECD/DAC Experts Meeting on Developing Practical Guidance on Armed Violence Reduction in Nairobi
- Gounden attends regional meeting on armed violence and development in Kenya
- ACCORD attends TOPS seminar in Sweden
- Security Sector Reform and Governance Meeting between Sweden and South Africa
- ACCORD donates IT equipment to celebrate International Peace Day
- Gandhi researcher and non-violence teacher visits ACCORD
- Seminar on UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy
- Gounden tours Sweden, Finland & Norway
- Gounden Meets Co-Chair of Swedish-South Africa SSR Seminar