The Annual General Meeting (AGM) for the Training for Peace (TfP) Programme will be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on Wednesday 24 October. The AGM will be hosted by the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) which has invited directors and one programme officer from each of the partner institutions to attend.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace (TfP) Programme will host a Civilian Protection in Peace Operations Curriculum Development Workshop (CDW) in Durban, South Africa, from 8-9 October 2007. This workshop is the first in a series of activities to develop a Protection of Civilians in Peace Operations handbook.
ACCORD's Training for Peace (TfP) Senior Programme Officer, Yvonne Kasumba, will be participating in a two day seminar entitled, “UN Multidimensional and Integrated Peace Operations – Trends and Challenges, Experiences from West Africa”.
ACCORD’s TfP Programme will be conducting an in-mission Conflict Management for Peacekeepers Course for the United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL) from 6-8 August. The training will be conducted for a group of thirty mid to senior-level managers within the mission, the UN Country Team, and representatives from the Liberian Government.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace (TfP) Senior Programme Officer, Yvonne Kasumba and the Country Programme’s Manager, Kwezi Mngqibisa are co-facilitating a ‘Conflict Management for Peacekeepers’ training from 18-19 June at the Southern African Development Community (SADC) Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre (RPTC) in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Cedric de Coning, Research Fellow at ACCORD, will be co-facilitating an UN OCHA Humanitarian Civil-Military Coordination (UN-CMCoord) Course from 22-24 May in Starum, Norway. The UN CMCoord Course is aimed at familiarising representatives from the humanitarian and military community with UN humanitarian policies on civil-military coordination.
The 13th Annual Conference and Annual General Meeting of the International Association of Peacekeeping Training Centers (IAPTC) will be held from 24-28 September in Stockholm, Sweden. The IAPTC is a unique forum for exchanging information and experience on peace operations education and training.
ACCORD undertook a field research mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) from 8-24 August 2007. Mr. Gustavo de Carvalho, Research Coordinator with ACCORD’s Peace and Security Unit, conducted several meetings with key stakeholders in the peacebuilding context, in order to assess the different coordination processes that are currently being implemented in that country in terms of peacebuilding efforts.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace (TfP) Programme is undertaking a field research visit in Liberia from 24 July – 10 August. The aim of the field visit will be to conduct an assessment of peace-building coordination as it is occurring in Liberia. This necessitates an identification of the main coordination mechanisms that have been set up and an assessment as to their opportunities and challenges thus far.
Cedric de Coning, Research Fellow at ACCORD, has been invited to present the main findings of the book - Unintended Consequences of Peacekeeping - which he co-edited with Chiyuki Aoi and Ramesh Thakur, at the 9th Workshop of the Norwegian Atlantic Committee regarding civil-military cooperation on Friday 8 June, in Oslo, Norway.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace (TfP) Programme will host a Civilian Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding Course (CPPC) in Pretoria, South Africa, from 21-25 May. The course will involve approximately 25 participants selected from across the continent, and is a key component of the TfP. It aims to prepare experienced civilians, working in various relevant fields of expertise in Africa, for service in peacekeeping and peace building missions.
- Peace Operations in Africa presentation
- ACCORD to attend APSTA Training Support and Coordination workshop
- AU African Standby Force Technical Experts Task Team Meeting, Addis Ababa
- Coordinated Approaches to Security, Development and Peacemaking
- G8+ Africa Clearing House
- ACCORD participates in seminar on challenges of peacekeeping training in Africa
- Preparing the South African Army for future peace missions
- International Association of Peacekeeping Training Centers (IAPTC) Executive Committee Meeting
- DPKO Peacekeeping Doctrine Workshop
- 2nd Annual Peacekeeping, Stability and Developmental Operations Africa 2007 Conference
- Conflict management for peacekeepers
- ACCORD participates in Swedish security sector reform meeting
- Peace Operations in Africa
- AU PSOD Task Team Meeting in Ethiopia
- ACCORD's Cedric de Coning writes in 'International Peacekeeping'
- ACCORD conducts training for SADC RPTC
- Oslo seminar on good governance in the Horn and South Africa
- Lecture on 'The Dynamics of Conflict and Peace Systems in Africa'
- ACCORD participates in executive course in management of multinational peace missions
- “Peace Operations in Africa” at the Geneva Center for Security Policy