The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at ACCORD’s Senior Programme Officer, Yvonne Kasumba, will participate in a meeting entitled “Civilian Protection in Africa: A Dialogue” from 13-14 February 2007. The meeting will be hosted by the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (CHD) in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at ACCORD will be hosting a Civilian Staffing, Rostering and Training (SRT) planning meeting on 6 February in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Civilian SRT Workshop is scheduled for 23-25 April and will have as a key objective the harmonization of the approaches of the African Union (AU) and the Regional Economic Commissions (RECs) to the staffing, rostering and training aspects of the civilian dimension of the African Standby Force (ASF).
Cedric de Coning, joint Research Fellow at ACCORD and NUPI, will be give a lecture on the 'unintended consequences of peacekeeping' to the Armed Forces of North Norway in Bardufoss on 23 January. The event is organised by the Norwegian National Red Cross. The 'unintended consequences of peacekeeping' is also the title of a book that de Coning co-edited with Prof Chiyuki Aoi and Prof Ramesh Thakur.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace (TfP) Programme, in partnership with the Legon Centre for International Affairs (LECIA) at the University of Ghana, will host a Civilian Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding Course (CPPC) in Accra, Ghana, from 19-23 November.
In recognition of the support ACCORD has been giving to the African Union (AU) in the development of the Civilian Dimension of the African Standby Force (ASF), ACCORD was invited to participate in an AU Training Implementation Workshop that was held in Addis Ababa from 29-31 October.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) for the Training for Peace (TfP) Programme will be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on Wednesday 24 October. The AGM will be hosted by the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) which has invited directors and one programme officer from each of the partner institutions to attend.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace (TfP) Programme Senior Programme Officer, Yvonne Kasumba, will be participating in a Scenario Development Meeting from 4-5 February in Nairobi, Kenya. The need to develop a common exercise scenario was recognised at an African Standby Force (ASF) Training Implementation Workshop held from 29-31 October 2007 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
ACCORD's TfP Programme’s Senior Programme Advisor, Cedric de Coning, is attending a Southern African Development Community Workshop on Peace Operations. The theme of the workshop is “The Challenges of Peacekeeping Training in the SADC Region"
On 12 November ACCORD held a briefing in Pretoria with representatives from the South African National Office for the Coordination of Peace Missions (NOCPM) and the Southern African Development Community Desk at the Department of Foreign Affairs, to present the work of ACCORD.
ACCORD has been invited to participate in an African Peace Support Trainers Association (APSTA) Training Implementation Workshop that will be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, from 29-31 October. The purpose of the workshop will be to finalize an Interim Training Plan as well as to source funds for the core African Standby Force (ASF) training activities leading to the operationalization of the ASF in 2010.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace (TfP) Programme will host a Civilian Protection in Peace Operations Curriculum Development Workshop (CDW) in Durban, South Africa, from 8-9 October 2007. This workshop is the first in a series of activities to develop a Protection of Civilians in Peace Operations handbook.
- 13th Annual Conference of the International Association of Peacekeeping Training Centers
- Seminar on Multidimensional and Integrated Peace Operations
- Peace-building coordination field research visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Conflict Management for Peacekeepers Course for the United Nations Mission in Liberia
- Peace-building coordination field research visit to Liberia
- ACCORD give training support to SADC Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre
- Unintended Consequences of Peacekeeping
- UN Humanitarian Civil-Military Coordination Course
- TfP Civilian Peacekeeping and Peace-building Course
- Peace Operations in Africa presentation
- ACCORD to attend APSTA Training Support and Coordination workshop
- AU African Standby Force Technical Experts Task Team Meeting, Addis Ababa
- Coordinated Approaches to Security, Development and Peacemaking
- G8+ Africa Clearing House
- ACCORD participates in seminar on challenges of peacekeeping training in Africa
- Preparing the South African Army for future peace missions
- International Association of Peacekeeping Training Centers (IAPTC) Executive Committee Meeting
- DPKO Peacekeeping Doctrine Workshop
- 2nd Annual Peacekeeping, Stability and Developmental Operations Africa 2007 Conference
- Conflict management for peacekeepers