TfP/ACCORD participated in an Africa Civil-military Coordination (CIMIC) Review Workshop hosted by the African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme (APCP) at ACCORD. Within the UN context, CIMIC is one of the specific areas of peacekeeping doctrine under review and a review workshop was hosted in Singapore in March 2009, bringing together CIMIC stakeholders from the Asia-Pacific region.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at ACCORD in collaboration with the Southern Africa Development Community Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre (SADC-RPTC), conducted a four (4) day Civilian Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding Course for the Southern Africa Development Community Brigade (SADCBRIG) from 15 – 18 April 2009 in Maputo, Mozambique.
On request by the African Union (AU) Peace Support Operations Division (PSOD), TfP/ACCORD participated and represented the civilian dimension of the African Standby Force (ASF), in a planning meeting for Exercise AMANI Africa from 12 – 13 March 2009 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
TfP /ACCORD participated in a seminar entitled Mediating Peace in Africa: Securing Conflict Prevention hosted by the African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme (APCP) at ACCORD and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on 4 March 2009.
On 24 February 2009 ACCORD hosted a small group from the Swedish Defense Research Agency, who met with ACCORD to discuss mutual areas of research and collaboration on Africa’s Peace and Security Architecture.
The Training for Peace (TFP) Programme at ACCORD conducted a Mission Preparedness Civilian Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding Course (CPPC) and an Admin and Finance Specialisation Course for the African Union Mission for Somalia (AMISOM) from 9 - 13 February 2009 and 16 - 18 February 2009, respectively, in Nairobi, Kenya.
ACCORD hosted the first Annual General Meeting of the Association of Security Sector Education and Training (ASSET), which was held in Durban from 4-6 March 2009. The meeting brought together a variety of institutions from across the continent involved in SSR training and education to engage and share information and ideas on the challenges encountered in current Security Sector Reform (SSR) agendas and avenues of moving forward to address these challenges.
TfP/ACCORD participated in an African Union (AU) – European Union (EU) Training Needs and Capabilities Workshop held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on 5 and 6 March 2009. The purpose of the workshop was to deliberate on the preliminary findings of an AU – EU joint expert study undertaken to identify African training capabilities and needs.
The Training for Peace (TFP) Programme at ACCORD conducted its first specialised in mission Conflict Management for Peacekeepers and Peacebuilders for 2009 for the United Nations Operations for Cote d’Ivoire (UNOCI) from 25-27 February 2009 in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
The Training for Peace (TFP) Programme at ACCORD conducted a Mission Preparedness Civilian Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding Course (CPPC) and an Admin and Finance Specialisation Course for the African Union Mission for Somalia (AMISOM) from 9-13 February 2009 and 16-18 February 2009, respectively, in Nairobi, Kenya.
On 11 November 2008 May-Elin Stene, Minister Councilor at the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Pretoria, visited ACCORD House where she and the Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, signed a new grant agreement for the Training for Peace (TfP) programme. The TfP programme has been running at ACCORD since 1995.
- NUPI director Jan Egeland visits ACCORD
- IAB Meeting for TfP in Norway
- Oslo Capstone Doctrine Seminar
- ACCORD at UN Civilian Staff Officer Course
- G8++ Africa Clearing House Conference
- ACCORD to train SANDF for UN and AU deployment
- ACCORD to participate in dialogue on civilian protection in Africa
- ACCORD to host planning for African Standby Force
- ACCORD to assist with exercise scenarios for African Standby Force
- Unintended Consequences of Peacekeeping
- SADC Workshop on Peace Operations
- ACCORD conducts Civilian Peacekeeping and Peace-building Course in Ghana
- ACCORD Meets Mith the South African National Office for the Coordination of Peace Missions
- African Union African Standby Force Training Implementation Workshop
- APSTA Training Implementation Workshop
- TfP Programme Annual General Meeting
- ‘Protection of Civilians in Peace Operations’ Curriculum Development Workshop
- 13th Annual Conference of the International Association of Peacekeeping Training Centers
- Seminar on Multidimensional and Integrated Peace Operations
- Peace-building coordination field research visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo